Terms and Conditions
City of London Sinfonia – Terms & Conditions of Sale
Payments and charges
Accepted methods of payment
- Card: We accept Visa, Mastercard, Visa Debit, Maestro and Visa Electron
- *Cheque: All cheques should be made payable to City of London Sinfonia
- *Cash: payable on the door or by post
*Please note that we are only accepting card payments at the moment.
- We do not charge a booking fee for tickets booked through our Box Office (by phone, online or in person).
- *An administrative fee of £1 will be charged if customers choose to have tickets posted to them (please note that for some events and ticket types, this may be mandatory).
*Please note that we cannot post tickets at the moment.
- *Tickets will be posted up to 7 days prior to performances - after this, they will be collection only.
- Online bookings will be confirmed by email.
- *Tickets posted out 2-3 weeks before performances.
- Etickets should be received up to 24 hours after booking.
- CLS 5IVER ticketholders should bring proof of ID and/or a student card (such as NUS) when coming to their chosen event(s) as we may ask for proof of ID.
- 'Concession' ticketholders should bring proof of ID and documents related to their credit or allowance to their chosen event(s).
*Please note that we cannot post tickets at the moment.
Refunds, returns and cancellations
Refunds and returns
- Tickets purchased are non-refundable.
- Customers wishing to return tickets should contact the Box Office via email at boxoffice(at)cls.co.uk(dot)
- Customers must notify the Box Office at least 24 hours prior to the original concert performance time if intending to return tickets.
- In extenuating circumstances, and to the discretion of the Box Office, tickets may be exchanged for others of equal value for any other own-promotion concert or event (subject to availability) within one year of the exchange date.
- City of London Sinfonia may be able to resell tickets on a customer’s behalf if the event is a sellout. Returning tickets to City of London Sinfonia does not guarantee that they will be resold. Customers returning tickets may not use tickets to attend the event(s) once they have been confirmed as returned. Resales are undertaken at the customers own risk.
- If successfully resold, City of London Sinfonia will notify customers via email up to 15 working days following the event, and return the value of the tickets directly to the original payment card. Customers who do hear from City of London Sinfonia within 15 working days should assume that tickets have not been resold.
- In extenuating circumstances refunds may be given, and only at the discretion of the Marketing and Audiences Manager.
- In the event of a performance or event being cancelled, customers will be notified as soon as possible and tickets will be refunded.
- If an event is rescheduled, customers will be offered equivalent tickets for the rescheduled event or a refund depending on their preference.
Ticket types, memberships and discounts
Ticket types and memberships
Ticket types, discounts and membership benefits vary for different performances/venues and are subject to availability. These include:
- CLS 5IVER gives students (part-time and full-time) and 16-25-year-olds access to £5 tickets for selected performances sold through the CLS Box Office (online, over the phone, on the door).
- Concession tickets are available for Under 16s and for people with Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA), Pension Credit, Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP) for selected performances sold through the CLS Box Office (over the phone, on the door).
- CLS Friends with a valid membership have access to priority booking within our ticket allocations and exclusive benefits such has complimentary tickets (Gold and up).
- Wheelchair / wheelchair + companion: We sometimes offer free companion seats for those who are in a wheelchair, have limited mobility or may otherwise need assistance from a carer.
Sometimes, we offer bespoke discounts to participation groups, survey respondents and competition winners. All discounts and tickets are subject to availability; only one discount can be used per order and per event.
When attending a City of London Sinfonia event, you should abide by these terms:
- Latecomers are not guaranteed entry after a performance has started; they may not be admitted until a suitable break in the performance, and only at the discretion of the house manager.
- Mobile phones, pagers and watches must be silenced at all times.
- City of London Sinfonia reserves the right to refuse entry to any of its performance venues and/or ask any person to leave the venue and take any appropriate action to enforce this right.
- Ticketholders consent to the recording, photography and filming of themselves as members of the audience. City of London Sinfonia will own all intellectual property in the recordings and photos, and members of the audience will assign all copyright and waive their moral rights in such media content.
Your event will likely have specific safety measures in place - these can be viewed on the relevant website event page.
For further information on the venue's rules and etiquette for your chosen event, visit their website or contact them directly.
If you require assistance with using our website, booking your tickets or at the venue on the night of a performance, please email our box office prior to the event. You can also contact the venue directly.
City of London Sinfonia reserves the right to make any alterations to the advertised artists or programme without being obliged to offer a refund or exchange.
If you would like to get in contact with the CLS Box Office, please email us using the below details:
- Email: boxoffice(at)cls.co(dot)uk
City of London Sinfonia Limited
1st Floor, Radisson Court
219 Long Lane
London SE1 4PB
Registered in England, UK, no.1692341
Registered charity, no.286818
Updates to terms and conditions
We may review and make amendments to our terms and conditions of sale at any point.
Last reviewed: 7 September 2020